Thursday, November 13, 2008

Spiritual retreat


Marching on as God's Army and going strong for His purpose is what we intend to be. For that we do need a time to retreat from the routine lives and concentrate on re-equiping ourselves to fare better in our fight against evil. Out of the 99 officers in the territory 5 were not able to attend but cadets in The Training College joined us.

Mr. K. Zohmingthanga, BA, BD, M.Th. was one of the resource person. Presenting Biblical basis of the uniqueness of The Salvation Army faith and practices from practical personal experiences he was indeed a channel of blessings. Let me quote a few lines of what he shares:

"I happened to be the only one and first Salvationist student in two theological seminaries. I always try to maintain my uniqueness and stick to my principle, for that some how I was known in the seminary, to be provoke or tease me (which I am not sure till today but I never take it as a compliment) some people even call me Salvation Army. My life on seminary was not always like a fine weather, in fact most time rain and windy and it’s hard for me to recollect a time when I badly blame or try to change its course but by God grace I adjust my sails. During those years my teachers and classmates often asked me about Sacraments, basically about water Baptism and Holy Communion. It usually starts and ends with nice discussion, but on some occasion it ends with big arguments when it’s come to defend our own practice. When the topics involved rites and rituals there was a time when I feel defeated (But never surrendered). But when it comes to do with Christian ethics, Practical Theology, missiology etc, it’s more than the way I feel like a winner, my friends they treat me like a champion simply because of The Salvation Army and appreciates what we are doing. "

3 comments:

Zairemthiama Pachuau said...

Nice and inspiring lecture, may God continue to bless Mapuia.

Kiamlova said...

Sri Lanka-ah hian Army a ding rei tawh hle a, hmasawnna erawh a kal chak vak lo. Hei hi Missionaryte thiam da leh a ram mite rilru sukthlek inhmuh loh vangte pawh a ni mai thei. An ram mil tawk a enkawlna hrechhuak thiam hotu an mamawh tak peka an awm hi kan lawmpui a ni. Dengue fever a vei leh thin erawh kan ngaihtuah hle, a tha zel tawh ang chu.

ZL said...

Sipai Pawl serh leh sang leh a behbawm chungchang a sawi- Kan uniform leh Bible a thawmhnaw thar inbel thu te pawh ngaihnawm tak a ni. Ka han post vek lo na a. Lalpa zarah kan hrisel chho zel tawh em ang chu. In mi tawngtaipuina te avangin kan lawm tak zet a ni.